Thursday 16 July 2009

Into Exile



When I came across "Tim Exile" over on "Keytars & Violins" a while back I had an almost revelatory experience. This guy released his third LP this year and it's by far his most mature stuff so far, while his first two LP's are in comparison alot more like a boy playing with a drum machine, "Listening Tree" is - I think - "lil' Timmy's" big break at this point, he's been getting some good press for it, and it's just so well deserved. This englishman in Berlin exile has been doing his thing for 10 years now, so he's pretty much a veteran of the art at 29. "Pro Agonist" and "Tim Exile's Nuiscance Gabbaret Lounge" were both released through "Planet MU", and they were very much so verbal of Planet MU's more ploy-ish sound. Now "Listening Tree" was a colab-release between "Planet MU" and "WARP", bringing in" WARP's" electrosmartness, if you will. Also new to "Listening Tree" is Tim Exile's vocal talents which - at times - kinda reminds me of the lead singer in "Depeche Mode", "David Gahan", at other times of "Syd Barret", leadsinger of "Pink Floyd".


Tim Exile
Now you can probably tell I'm pretty extatic about this guy, I mean just look at that awesome helmet he's wearing on the picture above! Look! Now! 

Anyway, heres's a couple goodies from the one and only Timmy in Exile. I have to say Family Galaxy is one of the greatest tracks I've heard this year, and 2009 has been pretty good for me with new albums from "Phoenix", "Röyksopp", "Fink", "MSTRKRFT", debut albums from "Passion Pit", "La Roux", "Fagget Fairys", "Moderat", "Discovery" as well as the first EP's from "Marina and the Diamonds", "Yes Giantess", "Chiddy Bang", and a bunch of cool Mixtapes from the likes of "Theophilus London" and "Wale" and on top of that a shitload of remixes. And that's just off the top of my head, yes, 2009 has been good to me. 






No comments:

Post a Comment