Wednesday 24 June 2009

A new beginning


Starting this blog has been an idea of mine for quite some time, and now with the assistance of my brother, friend and mentor, Magnus L, it finally came into fruition. This idea was for me to get some sort of creative output also while dealing with something I adore and love, namely music. The beats that make my head go from side to side. The longing for life in all it's parts it instills in me, the pure joy and calm it lends me every day. It was also to inspire amongst my friends as well as anyone who would stumble upon my humble blog-abode the belief that music can be much more than just a form of media. It is an artform that can excite any feeling of awe and revelation as much as any other. And to just be a part of a scene that I live every day. 

My intentions are to kick off with a few songs made by the mysterious Moondawg. Who is this half man, half wolf-like creature, and where did he come from? Only time will tell the tale.

I feel these tunes create a highly audiovisual state, and I think that with time and effort when Moondawg has established his own sound he'll be able to come up with some truly groundbreaking stuff. 

His music portrays at times a scenery of green fields and dark forrests as far as the eye can see, flying past your car-window at high speed. All the while attempting to take in and process what is shown before you, with the beats growing and interloping, you may find yourself at the scene of a hectic city, people in their cars on their way home, all the hopes and aspirations of that entire city, a city growing and living on it's own terms. 
All you have to do is close your eyes.

Right-click and open in new window.




No comments:

Post a Comment