Sunday 16 August 2009

Last Night in france


Boy, let me tell you, if the description "Hip-hop house through pink italo shades" doesn't pique any kind of interest in you, this artwork will. I can honestly say that I was awestruck by these pretty fuckin masterful pieces of artwork they had on their Myspace. "DW" is the name of the swedish duo I'm raving about, DW is short for Deadwood, but in fear of being associated with the wrong things they feel that the name DW is more electro, possibly more german. In spite of the project being 6 years old they have yet to release their first EP. Though with the help of Chicago based indie label Glam Boy, things are finally put in motion with a small promo video posted on Vimeo promising it will drop this fall. 


Italo Disco they call it, and Italo Disco it is, the best kind, the cheesy kind, the kind that makes you glad to be alive. While they've made some great stuff on their own, their very best creation is probably the colab with french counterpart "Daroc" on the track, Hypnotic France.
Following are some great snippets of sound, DW originals and DW remixes alike.

Edit: I just came across this really cool online drum machine with the DW logo on it, check it out! Ronwinter Drums


While on the subject of Daroc, I'd like to talk about a track that's been haunting my dreams and terrorising me to the point of a breakdown. In a good way. By the time the song reaches it's literal climax, man, It just makes me happy. It was featured on the "Boxon Makes Me Happy" album released earlier this year, an album you should buy right away, unless you're a chicken-wuss! Chicken-wuss! That's right, I'm resorting to the insults of a seven year old, I'm also resorting to mocking my few readers, oh well, here's the track.




No comments:

Post a Comment